Save the date for the 28th annual Friends of the Foundation Golf Tournament
Novant Health UVA Health System Prince William Medical Center Foundation’s 28th annual Friends of the Foundation Golf Tournament will benefit the orthopedic and sports medicine service line.
The Novant Health UVA Health System Friends of the Foundation Planning Committee are local volunteers who annually plan and hold the tournament to raise funds for Novant Health UVA Health System medical centers.
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Golf Club in Front Royal, VA
Registration begins at 9:30AM
The shotgun start will be at 11:00AM
The day will finish with dinner and an awards ceremony at 4:00PM
Register to play or sign up to be a tournament sponsor here.
For questions about the event, contact Kelly Persons at (703) 369-8791 or klpersons@NovantHealth.org.
In 2017 the orthopedic and sports medicine service line provided the following for our community:
- Team physicians for nine local high schools, including Prince William County, Manassas Park, Manassas City and Culpeper Public Schools. Our primary care sports medicine physicians provided 97 sports physicals in the schools.
- Our orthopedic physician team performed 516 surgeries at Prince William Medical Center and 170 surgeries at Haymarket Medical Center.
- Our primary care sports medicine physicians had 819 concussion visits and 371 of those were new concussions.
- Athletic training substitute coverage for schools in five counties and one private school.
- Medical services for community partners: Northern Virginia Soccer Club, Virginia Soccer Association, Culpeper Soccer Club, Manassas Youth Football League, Gainesville Haymarket Youth Football League, NOVA BMX, Girls on the Run, and Fun Run Racing.
- Education for the community with orthopedic lectures, concussion and injury prevention education, splint labs for Prince William County Fire & Rescue, and collaborated with George Mason University on a free sports medicine symposium.