A Path Forward
Leading Brunswick communities toward better behavioral health
In 2020, Novant Health Brunswick Medical Center Foundation launched A Path Forward, a $3.5 million campaign to increase behavioral health services in our region. Through this campaign, we are committed to providing the treatment, outreach programs and community education necessary to meet this dangerous crisis head-on.
Our initiative goals include:
- Expand our emergency department to include five beds dedicated to behavioral health patients to provide better treatment and safety for all.
- Integrate Novant Health Medical Group clinics in Brunswick County into a comprehensive behavioral health outreach network countywide to improve local access to Novant Health medical experts.
- Develop a direct outreach program for early detection of mental health and substance misuse issues, including telemedicine hubs that serve county middle and high schools, and nurses on the front lines of mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Initiate proactive in-school outreach and support for younger students.
- Support education programs on prevention and treatment of chronic illnesses.
- Increase the number of first responders, training and transportation in coordination with Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office Anchor Initiative.