Riding Against Cancer
Riders Against Cancer Breast Cancer Awareness Poker Run
RAC Third Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Event
2019 fundraising results
The Riders Against Cancer (RAC) are partnering with Novant Health Rowan Medical Center Foundation again this year in raising funds to provide free screening and diagnostic mammograms for the uninsured and underinsured in our community. In 2018, a group of 25 women founded a committee for the Lucky Turn Around’s inaugural Breast Cancer Awareness Poker Run, “Riding for Mammograms.”
We surpassed our 2019 goal of $20,000 and raised $36,000! Our goal this year is to raise $23,000. You can help us save lives by supporting this much needed community outreach. Please consider becoming a t-shirt sponsor or make a donation to help us in our fight against breast cancer. These funds are tax deductible and a great advertising opportunity for your company!
On behalf of the RAC Committee and Novant Health, we would like to thank you for your participation in helping us to save lives by providing free screening and diagnostic mammograms.
RAC Committee Secretary
2020 sponsorship commitment
Sponsor fees are as follows:
- $50 – Business Name, Your Name, “In Memory Of” or “In Honor Of,” on the back of our fundraiser shirts
- $65 – One of the above, plus a t-shirt
- $200 – Your Company Logo, plus a t-shirt
Checks Made Payable To: NHRMC Foundation
Must Put in Memo: RAC LTA OR Riders Against Cancer.
Novant Health will send tax receipt letters for IRS filing purposes.
As an appreciation of your participation, you will receive a Certificate of Acknowledgement from the RAC Committee and Novant Health.
Ready to learn more?
Please complete the form below to receive information about Riding Against Cancer.
2020 event info
Thank you to our committee members:
Breast cancer statistics
2019 Breast Cancer Statistics
- About 1 in 8 U.S. women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- It is estimated that among U.S. women there will be 268,600 new cases of invasive breast cancer in women and 2,670 new cases of invasive breast cancer in men this year.
- 10,946 new cases in women are estimated in North Carolina this year. 153 new cases in Rowan County.
- 1,467 women in North Carolina are expected to lose the fight from this horrible disease. 21 women in Rowan County.
Novant Health’s Breast Health Restricted Fund
- Exists so women do not have to go without breast health services or have long wait times due to lack of financial resources.
- Recipients of the breast health fund are typically low-income, uninsured, or under insured.
- The fund covers mammograms (2D or 3D), diagnostic mammograms and ultrasounds.
- A patient has a 99.9% probability of being cancer free after 5 years if cancer is found early and treated appropriately.
- Provided funding, along with local grants, to purchase the first fixed 3D mammography, and the first 3D mobile mammography coach.
Thank you to all sponsors, participants, and volunteers for making this year’s events a huge success.