Women’s Council: Mobile mammography campaign
To celebrate our 10th anniversary, we’re embarking on one of our biggest initiatives yet: helping more women take charge of their breast health.
A mammogram can mean the difference between life and death, but this basic healthcare service is beyond the reach of many women in our community. Mobile mammography can change this.
Our existing mobile mammogram unit is empowering thousands of women annually to take charge of their breast health. But, it’s not enough. A second mammogram bus will allow Novant Health to reach more women. With a new bus, we can facilitate early detection and prevention, and save more lives.
Here’s what it will take:
$350,000 | a new bus
Our new bus will travel to underserved areas in counties west of Forsyth and will allow us to reach more women and save more lives. A mobile unit can serve 35-40 women per day.
$450,000 | 3D equipment
The most advanced technology on the market, 3D mammography produces fewer false positives and more instances of early detection than 2D. Patients diagnosed by 3D technology have a 99% chance of being cancer free after 5 years.
By the numbers:
How can you help?
- Host your own fundraising event – a wine tasting, brunch or cook out – and donate the proceeds
- Gather friends and decorate bras to raise awareness for the project. Ask everyone to vote by giving $10 toward the most creative bra, and donate the proceeds
- Start a social media fundraising campaign. Friends can make a donation at Donate.NovantHealth.org/Mammogram
- Give up your weekly latte and donate to save a life
- Teach your kids the value of philanthropy! Host a lemonade stand and donate the profits
The mission of the Women’s Council is to improve the health of women in the community. Learn more about the Women’s Council here.
Together, we can save lives. Donate today.
For more information, contact Heather Egan at email@example.com or 336-718-2021