All patients, whether receiving inpatient or outpatient treatment, have personalized care from nursing staff based on their individual needs.
Novant Health is on a journey to transform the patient experience so that its patients can focus on what really matters – getting better and staying healthy. Our goal is to support Novant Health in making healthcare simpler and more convenient for the communities it serves in North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina and Georgia, providing unparalleled access through technology and points of care that are seamlessly integrated into one system.
We empower and connect donors to programs and initiatives through capital campaigns and unrestricted funds that save lives and improve the health of our communities, one person at a time.
Support our most critical needs or capital campaigns. With your unrestricted donation, our foundations are able to support the most critical needs across Novant Health.
Here are some ways we help Novant Health make a difference:
- Maintaining an active community health outreach program.
- Demonstrating superior outcomes for many health conditions as indicated by Novant Health’s state and national quality scores.
- Creating innovative programs that address important health issues. Many of its programs and services are recognized nationally.
- Transforming patient care at the bedside.
Capital campaigns are planned as needs arise for new buildings and equipment. Please consider supporting a future campaign, to ensure that we will always have excellent facilities in which to serve our community’s healthcare needs. An unrestricted gift is a contribution in which the donor places no restrictions. Unrestricted funds are extremely important because so many needs cannot be anticipated and do not fall within specific categories. They give us the flexibility to meet the most critical needs across Novant Health.
Working Towards Food Security for All.
In partnership with Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC, Novant Health established the emergency food pack program in Winston-Salem-based Novant Health medical group clinics in July 2022. To-date, Novant Health has provided more than 300 emergency food packs to qualifying patients. The emergency food pack program was expanded to Charlotte Novant Health medical group clinics in November in partnership with Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina. Novant Health New Hanover Regional Medical Center has been partnering with the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC to provide similar services since 2020 and has plans to expand the emergency food pack program to all Novant Health medical group clinics on the coast.
Did you know...
- 14% of North Carolinians are food insecure: in 2018, that was 1.39 million people.
- Food insecurity is associated with multiple increased health risks: birth defects, diabetes, anemia, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, oral health problems, poor sleep outcomes, aggression and anxiety, depression, and suicidal ideation.
- 80% of a person’s health is attributable to social, physical and health factors outside of clinical care. Addressing root causes is a key component of whole-patient care -- prioritizing social determinants of health is the right thing to do for our patients.
In addition to the food boxes, Novant Health connects these families with social services and other resources to address the family needs. With your gift of $15, $30, $60 or more, you can provide individuals and families with assistance until they can be connected with a long-term solution.
Brunswick Medical Center Foundation (Bolivia, NC)
Forsyth Medical Center Foundation (Winston-Salem, NC)
Presbyterian Medical Center Foundation (Charlotte, NC)
Rowan Medical Center Foundation (Salisbury, NC)
Thomasville Medical Center Foundation (Thomasville, NC)
New Hanover Regional Medical Center Foundation (Wilmington, NC)