GroundBreaking campaign aims to fight the nation’s #1 and #2 health risks
After more than 100 years serving the Charlotte region, the Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center Foundation is poised to continue making history. We are arming ourselves to fight the nation’s #1 and #2 killers: cancer and heart disease.
The number of people affected by cancer and heart disease each year is staggering. Today, we have the opportunity to take on the nation’s #1 and #2 killers and win. The Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center Foundation’s GroundBreaking campaign will support the construction of a state-of-the-art outpatient Heart & Vascular and Cancer Institute, including a Pediatric Specialty Complex to address pediatric oncology and cardiology.
The Charlotte region is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation and is expected to almost double in size within a decade. Significant regional need for cancer and cardiology treatment currently outpaces the region’s ability to respond, even as new programs and centers are developed.
Designed to create an environment conducive to personalized patient care in both cancer and cardiovascular disease, the Heart & Vascular and Cancer Institute will enhance patient centered care, improve accessibility, increase affordability, improve care coordination, and provide evidence-based care.
Scheduled to break ground in late 2017, the Institute will include the following cancer and heart & vascular services and programs:
- Cancer services: Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Pediatric Oncology, Multi-disciplinary Clinic, Diagnostic Imaging, Pathology, Oncology Research, Breast Cancer Center, Outpatient Chemotherapy, Cancer Support Services, and Infusion Center.
- Heart & Vascular services: Cardiothoracic Surgery, Pediatric Cardiology, Multi-disciplinary Clinic, Congestive Heart Failure Clinic, Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation, Heart and Wellness, MRI, CT, Imaging Services, and Support Services.
Donate today to help us in Novant Health’s mission to save and improve more lives. Together we can transform our healthcare landscape for generations to come.
Contact us about partnership opportunities.
Our GroundBreaking Community Partners include:
- Agnes B. and Edward I. Weisiger
- Bank of America
- Bev and Jim Hance
- John M. and Claudia Belk
- Meredith and Dick Spangler
- Tan, Saral and Rajesh Ganatra
- The Hemby Foundation
- The Blumenthal Foundation
- Wells Fargo
By uniting cancer and heart specialists, we will streamline communication, facilitate collaboration and make it easy to access the resources patients need for their journey. Services and amenities at the Heart & Vascular and Cancer Institute will include:
- Adjacent pediatric subspecialty complex to house cancer and heart services
- Cancer clinics for radiation oncology, medical oncology, surgical oncology and gynecologic oncology
- Cancer urgent care
- Cardio-oncology, an emerging field of medicine dedicated to minimizing the cardiovascular impact of cancer treatment
- Cardiac and cancer rehabilitation and wellness, offering exercise, yoga, massage, nutrition and PT/OT/speech services
- Cardiac prevention and screening services
- Dedicated cardiac and cancer nurse navigators
- Heart and vascular clinics for cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, congestive heart failure, atrial fibrillation, peripheral vascular disease and valve disorders
- Imaging services
- Infusion center with more than 40 bays
- Multidisciplinary cancer clinics, where newly diagnosed patients can have their case reviewed by a team of experts
- Research and clinical trials
- Retail pharmacy
- Sky bridge connecting the facility to Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center to support continuity of care